Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know where to start. The past week has been one that I'm not sure I can do justice with words, but I'll sure give it a try over the next few days.

I'm going to post something short and sweet for now as I just arrived home from the hospital yesterday. The short summary for right now is that I am doing well (sore - but well!)and on the road to recovery. All four babies are stable for now with commonly seen premature babies issues. There is no mistake however that they have a very long road ahead of them. Claire and Kate are currently at Children's Hospital and John and Elizabeth at AGH. I'll give you much more detail in my coming posts, but that at least gives you the bottom line.

I want to tell you quickly how proud I am of the post John wrote just after the quads were born. It was perfectly written and I couldn't have done a better job myself. This man has been to hell and back this week and to write something so eloquent at a time when the health of his wife and children were in jeopardy is truly amazing.

I wanted to post this quickly and let you know how much we appreciate the outpouring of love, generosity and concern that has been shown to us. Y ou have no idea how much this has meant to us.

We're headed out to see the babies hopefully sometime today so I'll post again with much more detail just as soon as I can! We'll also hopefully try to post some pictures if we can.

Thank you all!
God bless,
Carrie, John, Luke, John, Elizabeth, Claire and Kate

10 comments:

Linda Frances said...

I was so glad to see this posting just now - I have checked your blog several time a day awaiting news - I have prayed for you and your babies as so many people have - take care and know you are loved by more people than you will ever know.
Linda - TX

Suzanne said...

oh carrie! sooooooo incredibly happy to hear your post. we have been praying for you guys like crazy. so good to hear that the little fighters are stable. please know that if you need ANYthing--venting, praising, NICU questions, someone to laugh with or cry with...i am here for you. (as are many other quad moms) may God continue to bless you guys more than you could imagine! much love...

Michelle said...

I found your blog a few weeks ago. I will be praying for your little ones.

pegglasser said...

Carrie,John and all the little lemons are constantly in our prayers. We only found out a couple of weeks ago about your amazing situation after talking with your mom. We continually are praying for all of you. And I have know doubts that God will continually bless you in ways we can never imagine!!! I will let all the email addresses know how we can help. We are looking forward to helping out. Love, Peggy and the Glasser Gang.

Patti said...

Just wanted you to know you and John are in our thoughts and prayers. God has blessed you two with 4 incredibly strong babies and He will continue to be with your family.


XOXOXO
Jim, Patti, Katie, and Felicity Neill from Zion Lutheran Church

Jennifer McGraw said...

Carrie, I am so relieved to hear you are all doing well. We have been thinking of you and will continue praying for the little ones. Benny was in the NICU at Children's after he was born, and wow, were those nurses amazing. It was such a relief to know he was in such good hands. We wish the best and can't wait to hear more! Love, Jennifer & Eric

Tina said...

I'm very glad to hear you are doing well. I look forward to hearing more when you have more time and are up to it.

Sounds like those tiny babies are in very good hands.

Paul and Kathy Stanis said...

We continue to lift you up in prayer and ask our Heavenly Father to blanket you with His love and protection.

We love you, Paul and Kathy Stanis

Nancy & Bill said...

We are keeping you in our prayers, asking God to continue to hold all of you in the palm of His hand. You two have done such an incredible job so far, and are to be commended. We are glad to hear that your little fighters are stable. They are in good hands. Our many years of experience with Children's Hospital always made us feel fortunate to have such an excellent medical facility at our disposal. Keep the faith and God Bless!
Love,
Nancy, Bill & Girls

Adale said...

Very happy to have heard from my parents that everything is going well. Best wishes and much love, Daddy Lemons, from your old high school friend.