Monday, September 22, 2008

An update and some pictures

A glimpse into our new life...


Sweet baby John chillin' on the couch...


Elizabeth, Daddy and Luke...



Claire stylin' in some of her new duds...


Daddy multi-tasking with John and Elizabeth...


The boys hanging out in the "man room" watching some tube...


Mommy cuddling with Elizabeth while she says her prayers...


Daddy and his crew...



The gang...minus Kate :(

Luke lovin' up on sister Elizabeth...


Elizabeth....



John...
Mommy with Elizabeth and Barney in the background!

It's certainly getting tough to find time to give updates, take pictures, or even relax and watch a Steeler game :) but it is so worth it every time you hold one of these precious babies. In some ways the last 9 months have been painfully long and slow yet at the same time it's all a blur and here we are! From the day we found out about the quads to the days praying to make it another week in the pregnancy, to their birth and the roller-coaster ride in the NICU - I can't believe where we're at and where we've come from.


To reiterate Carrie's thoughts in the last post we can not thank everyone enough for all the help in so many different ways. We laugh now and think back to the initial worries after we found out of "how are we going to take care of all the babies and Luke?", "how will we handle taking them to lots of doctor's appointments?", "how will we handle the financial impact?" "how will we have time for anything??" I could go on forever about this but all I can say is that we have been blessed beyong belief with each other, our beautiful babies, and all the eager and willing helpers. I won't even start mentioning names for fear of missing someone! For each and every worry there has been an equal and perfectly adequate blessing bestowed upon us.


It's amazing to watch them all grow and notice the different personalities even at this early point in their lives. John and Elizabeth are both pretty laid back, especially the chunky monkey Elizabeth. Except for some occasional gas they're so content and John still seems so small although he's gaining steadily. Claire lets the whole worls know the instant she wants fed, changed or tended to in general. Let's just say she has a set of lungs on her! They're really doing well and Claire was cleared of her ROP (Retinopothy of Prematurity) last week (it had resolved from stage I)!


And last but not least our little Kate (who's not so little anymore) is doing well at AGH. The doctors and nurses are taking great care of her and she's coming along with bottle feedings and with her breathing. We found out last week that she has ROP stage III with "Plus" which, in short and to the best of my limited understanding, is a condition with her eyes caused by being given high levels of oxygen for so long to sustain her. The optomologist has recommended a laser surgery on both eyes that is really preventative so that it does not progress and cause permanent vision impairment. This surgery is happening tomorrow late afternoon so we pray that the surgery is successful. This is our little fighter's latest hurdle but I think she'll do fine again. Courtney - she misses you!


We can't wait to get them all together to take pictures of the whole crew and we'll soon get some recent pics of Katie.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are absolutely adorable! We'll continue to keep everyone in our prayers!
Lori, Jim, Abigail, and Nathaniel

jessica said...

Oh my goodness! they are all so cute. They look wonderful and healthy! Keeping Kate in our prayers! You are an amazing family.
Jessica

Karen said...

wow your babies are amazing! I found you through the many multiples blogs I read:) I am a former Pgh'er. We lived in Ross, 15237! Great town and miss it!

Tina said...

Wow, your family is just so gorgeous. I just can't imagine how full your days must be.

Kate is such a fighter and I can't wait to hear that she is home with you all.

MiamiMed said...

I just saw your blog! This is Nicole Golden (from MOST- I also have 26 week quads).I'm so glad to see how well your precious babies are doing. It's been a long time since I've seen any updates on your little ones. They really did so well for 26 weekers. Kate will be home soon!
Love,
Nicole, Dan, Kurt, and the Golden Quads

Courtney said...

I miss Kate too!!! I'm always checkin back to see if there are any updates on her, and the rest of the family!!! I can't wait til she comes home so I can visit her and meet all the others!

I'm glad to hear all is going well with everyone else. The babies are all beautiful! You guys and Luke look so happy to have them all there with you, we just need to get Kate home so you guys can be complete. I will continue to keep you ALL in my prayers, and I hope to hear from you soon!!!

I emailed you with all of my info, I know you guys are busy, but feel free to contact me if you need ANYTHING at all!!! I'd be glad to help!

Take care!!!