Sunday, October 12, 2008

Kate comes home...

It seems as though I should have a much more thrilling title for this post than just simply "Kate comes home", but there are no words that can accurately describe the joy that we feel, so best just to keep it simple. At 4:00 this afternoon, brave, feisty, beautiful little Kate Lemonovich came home. She is on a very small amount of oxygen and has an apnea monitor, but that's it. She is doing so incredibly well. It's hard to believe that this little peanut was just 1 lb. 4 oz at birth. As of her discharge today, she is a pleasantly plump 6 lbs, 13 oz. I cannot share how amazing it is to see her with John, Claire and Elizabeth FINALLY! Seeing them all together with big brother Luke today made me totally "get" Jerry McGuire's famous line....my kids and my husband "complete me". Life got a little sweeter today just by looking at our family of 7 and seeing just how lucky we are.

In all honesty....I am totally exhausted. This is the best and toughest job I have ever had and ever will have, but we love it. There are days that we don't stop laughing and some days when all I want to do is cry. I'm going to hit the hay for tonight but tomorrow, I'll do my best to post some homecoming pictures, pictures of all four babies together and also post some pics of our sweet new conversion van. Oh yeah, my friends...can you say Scooby Doo's "Mystery Machine" with a fold down leather sofa and DVD player???

Until tomorrow then....

Carrie
(Chief Nut of the Lemonovich Nut Farm!)

7 comments:

cat said...

Congratulations on completing the family - all at home now.

Anonymous said...

GOD BLESS AMERICA, they are ALL HOME! I think I speak for all your faithful blog readers and friends when I breathe a deep, collective SIGH OF RELIEF that your amazing and beautiful little ones are home - ALL OF THEM!
God is faithful and good! And Carrie, you are too much... its so nice to 'hear' your humor... it is definitely missed around here at the Farm...
I will be seeing you all soon...
Your friend,
Gina

jojoandsam said...

Hey guys!!! So glad to know all are home and doing well. I miss taking care and seeing Sam everyday. How is he? Tell him I said Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! God is faithful! You must be sooooo relieved to have all your little lemons back in the same basket. :-)

And I can just imagine Kate's amazement at where she's landed herself. After all her hospital days, and the punishing therapies & surgeries, she must think: Free at last; free at last! Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last!

All the best to you, John & the gang!
Love, Susan Wright

Jenny said...

AWESOME! so happy that your family is all under one roof now! Now you can breath a little easier! get some rest and enjoy it !!:)

Andria said...

Aww, hang in there! Congrats on bringing home Kate. All under one roof! How blessed you are! What an amazing little girl she is.

Courtney said...

My Katie has finally come home!!! I'm so happy that she finally got to meet her brothers and sisters (beside the time she spent in your belly!) I can't wait to see pics, and I will be out to visit real soon! I miss you guys! Take care!
Love always,
Courtney