Monday, January 19, 2009

IS IT SPRING YET?!?!?!?!?!?!?

OK....I have to admit that I'm starting to get a little stir crazy being in the house all day long during these seemingly LONG winter days. I went three days last week without even stepping foot outside and I think it's starting to get to me a little!!! In my LBFB (Life Before Five Babies!), John and I were very active people - always running here and there, enjoying our "get up and go" lifestyle whenever we wanted. When we were looking to buy our first house, one of our favorite things to do was spend the evening looking online as houses for sale and then going to get a cup of coffee late at night and driving all over Pittsburgh to check out our favorite ones. Ahhhh.....those were the carefree days! Today, the only coffee we have is usually first thing in the morning to wake ourselves up just enough to get the day started and get the bottles made :) Life certainly has changed...but for the better in so many ways. We may not be as active as we once were, but our blessings have multipled - literally! - times 5! I just can't wait for the Spring to come and warmer more pleasant weather. I can't wait to take the kids outside so that they can feel the warm sunshine on their faces instead of bundling them up in their carseats and rushing them in and out of the car everytime we have doctor's appointment! Not to mention the apprehension I feel every time they have to go to the doctor and people stopping to stare at them and wanting to touch them. I always get the ridiculous million questions like "are they ALL yours?" I'm dying to say "No, I stole these four and I've got six more in the car just for fun!" or the ever popular "was this planned?" I still can't figure this question out. Who plans to have four children all at once?!?!?!?

Now that I got that off my chest.....I digress.

Back to my original thought. I've tried to approach our crazy wonderful lives with small, short term goals. One thing I've learned is this: If you approach any big overwhelming situation or obstacle as a whole, you'll get swallowed up by it and you'll be defeated before you even begin. Start by setting small short term goals so that you have small victories which will give you momentum to address the next challenges ahead. This theory has served me pretty well so far. Don't get me wrong...sometimes I eat the bear and somedays the bear eats me! However, I'm proud to say that the Lemonovich crew has been very successful at achieving a lot of our short terms goals. The babies are sleeping about 6-7 hours in the night before waking up around 3:00 for feeding. John and I get up and feed all four in about 1 hour, 15 minutes. The babies - amazingly - eat and go back to sleep almost immediately. This is truly a blessing from God! Once back asleep, they typically sleep for about 4 more hours before waking up for the day. We're getting about 6 -7 hours of sleep right now which is awesome, I think. Anyone who knows me knows just how much I love my sleep and so I thank God tonight for my wonderful sleeping babies!

The babies' growth is really reflected in their eating. We're really starting to pack away the formula these days!!! Claire, Elizabeth and John each eat 5-6 ounces every 4 hours. Kate has been having some difficulty with feeding since early November when she returned home from her 2 week stay in Childrens. She has a difficult time manipulating the nipple correctly which causes her to be really disorganized in her eating skills. We're working on trying some new nipples and using oral stimulation prior to eating to help her overcome this so we're hopeful that we'll get the situation corrected. The babies are growing SO fast! We're going to try and start rice cereal on a spoon for each of them this week. Here's what they weigh as of Sunday:


- Claire - 13 lbs, 10 oz.

- John - 12 lbs, 10 1/2 oz.

- Elizabeth - 12 lbs, 13 oz.

- Kate - 11 lbs, 2 oz.

I swear that Claire looks like a toddler already! She seems so big and she feels so heavy! To watch them all smile, giggle, coo and wiggle is so much fun. Every week is bringing amazing changes. I was looking at the NICU pictures the other day of the morning they were born and it's nothing short of an absolute miracle when you look at them today compared to where they were just 7 months ago. Modern medicine, while imperfect, is a gift from God - PERIOD.

My sweet boy Luke has had Barney birthday party this weekend and had a fabulous time. He talked about the party for days before. He got so many wonderful gifts and got to spend the day with his cousins so it was a hit all the way around! I just can't get over the fact that my first born baby is 2. He is so wonderfully amazing and I love every minute of watching him grow, explore and experience new things for the first time. We bought him his first sled as one of his presents - now if we only had the time to take him outside to give it a try!

We're taking the kids to the Portraits by Natalie studio this weekend for their first official professional pictures! I can't wait! I am absolutely in love with Natalie's work and can't wait to see what she does with all 5 of my little peanuts! I'll glad share some of them here on the blog once Natalie forward them on to me. Check out Natalie's website if you're in the market for beautiful photographs of your family, wedding, etc....www.portraitsbynatalie.com.

I'm also getting ready to make our first major quad purchase. We're going to be buying a quad stroller. Up until now, we've been using two double strollers that we bought second hand, but with Spring approaching and Mommy ready to get out and about, a quad stroller is definitely needed. Here's a picture of the model we're purchasing:


Thanks to the wonderful donations from the students and faculty of Christ Lutheran Church & School in Forest Hills and the VBS students at Calvary Lutheran Church in Murraysville, we are now able to buy this awesome stroller for our little ones! These kids collected spare change, ran laps and various other things to raise money for our family. Is that amazing or what?!?!?! We are humbled by their hard work on our behalf and honored to count these kids, their teachers and families as our friends and brothers and sisters in Christ. THANK YOU!!!

Well...time to sign off for tonight. As of today, only 60 days until the start of Spring! March 21st - here we come! THINK SPRING!!!!

7 comments:

Emily's Blog said...

My cousin was born at 42 weeks at weighed in @ 10lbs 11 1/2 oz and he was 22 inc. long. He'll be 1 on 3-4 and currently he weighs close to 30 lb and well over 25inc.
He's HUGE!!
Different babies grow at different rates. Yours will start going through a growth spurt soon, and be HUGE one day too.

I've enjoyed reading your blog since before the babies were born. I'm glad they're doing so well and sleeping well.

cat said...

Great sleeping there! Gosh, you are lucky. And I am so glad Luke had a cool birthday. Where's the pictures?

Jenny said...

we have a stroller VERY similar to that and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it! it fits perfectly in the back of my van and folds up well.
Glad to hear the kiddos are doing well:)

Jenny

Courtney said...

I can't believe how wonderful the whole family looks!!! The babies seem to be developing well, and my little Kate looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe she is coming off the oxygen for periods at at time, that is WONDERFUL! I'll have to come out real soon and catch up on the craziness of the Lemonovich's, and update you on the crazy life I've been living in! I miss you guys dearly! I'm glad to hear Luke enjoyed his Barney party, I bet that meant the world to him to have his own "special day." I miss you guys! Take care, and I just wanted to let you know that you guys are constantly in my prayers!
Love you all! Give the babies kisses for me!
Courtney

ps~I cannot believe how much sleep you guys are getting, that is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Nice stroller! ;) ;)

Glad to hear you are all doing well.

Praying for spring with you!!!

~Gina

Fulton Quads said...

Just wanted to say that we have this stroller & we LOVE it! It is sort of heavy but after awhile you will not even realize it! I purchased comfy strap protectors from Walmart & then put them around the straps so they would not dig into the babies necks when they were little. Hopefully you will get a lot of use out of it soon!
Love, Cathy & the quads

Cochran Quads said...

YOU Will LOVE this stroller! We have the same one and absolutely love it!!! Your babies are precious!