Wednesday, March 25, 2009

WE MADE IT....

Funny how having 5 kids age 2 and under changes your perspective on so many things. I, in so many ways, am a long range thinker. I'm usually the type of person who is already thinking today about the appointments, to do lists, etc for next week. But this whole experience has taught me one thing...don't get too far ahead of yourself. Tackle life one day at a time. It's honestly the only way to stay sane and positive in the midst of this craziness we call life these days. It's actually been quite hard for me to accept this (I still have a little of the long range planner in my blood - old habits die hard!) but since February of last year when we found out about the quads, I've learned to try and set short term goals for myself and our family in everything we do so that when we succeed in meeting that goal, it encourages us to push forward and makes even the toughest challenges seem possible. When late October rolled around, I knew the winter was going to be tough.....AND IT WAS. Cold northeastern winters can be miserable and dangerous - especially when you're 4 babies born 3 months early. I swear the walls of this house were beginning to cave in on me! But just when the walls were just about the fall down....SPRING ARRIVED! SPRING, GLORIOUS SPRING! The birds are singing, the air smells sweet and my babies don't have to be dressed up like mummies just to run from the house to the van! I'm so thrilled I can barely stand it! Last week, we finally took the babies out in the quad stroller for it's maiden voyage. Here's just a few pictures from our outting....









John and Claire...








Elizabeth and Kate...





Here's a few of the pictures we had taken by Natalie at Portraits by Natalie (http://www.portraitsbynatalie.com/) in January. I'm so happy to have had these taken so that I can have this time in their lives captured. Check out some of Natalie's beautiful work...
























Well folks, I'm one tired mama so it's off to dreamland for me! Take care everyone.........HAPPY SPRING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pictures - the hats are priceless!!

LOVE the stroller, too!!

Hope to see you soon.
~Gina

Anonymous said...

Those are thw sweet kiddos! What great pics--I can't wait to tell people to check 'em out!
Love, Susan

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, which are just too cute for words! They are all so adorable.

Anonymous said...

Great Pics. The babies are getting so big. They are beautiful! You'll have to bring them all to the office some day!!!!
~Leslie M

cat said...

Oh those pictures are stunning! Love the one of the 3 girls in pink.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the pictures! Praise the Lord that your first winter with 5 kids is now stepping aside for spring!
Lori, Jim, Abigail, and Nathaniel

Anonymous said...

The pictures are fabulous! Can't get over how big they are all getting! Here's to a happy, healthy summer for the quads and your family. Adrienne

Anonymous said...

Our second grandson was born in Nov 2008, at 28 weeks gestation. We had no clue what to expect. Reading your blog, esp about Kate, matches much of what we felt throughout the journey thus far. I more than agree that God is good! Our grandson is a true miracle! Each day we are blessed with improvements of his health, and developement.
Your 5 children are beautiful!!! What blessings!
I hope that God will continue to grant them good health. I hope also that He will bless your family with whatever it is that you are needing each day. Sleeping thru the night is one such need. Our dgt/son-in-law are just now starting to experience continous sleep at night! :)
God bless your wonderful family!
Happy Mother's Day!