Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A big day for our family!

Since finding out about the babies and selling our great house in Moon Township, John and I have been seriously looking for a new house for over a year now. We've looked at what seems like hundreds of houses both online and in person. We just couldn't find a house that had:


1. the details we were looking for

2. in our price range and

3. that could comfortably hold all 7 of us (Lord, I feel like the Van Trapp family from the Sound of Music just saying that!)


So, in late June of 2009 we decided to build a house right here in the same township where we're currently renting and today, we broke ground! What an exciting day! Luke has been talking about this for weeks now. Luke, being a HUGE fan of construction vehicles, has been asking me daily "Is Bob the Builder going to start the foundation today???". So, of course, I took him up to the lot and let him watch the bulldozer dig. You'd of thought today was Christmas from the look on his face! We took some pictures and I'll try to download them and share over the next few days. The house is scheduled to be finished around the end of Nov./early December. What an exciting time for our family and how thankful we are to be building this beautiful house that will be our family's home for many years to come!


So...here we go...a couple of random recent pictures from our wild, wacky, wonderful world...


The heat got to me recently on one especially humid day so I threw all 5 kids in the pool and bathed them in the great outdoors with the help of Daddy, Poppy and our awesome Diaper Darling, Sue Wright! It certainly was an adventure but also a great way to clean all 5 kids at the same time! They had a great time!





My sweet Elizabeth....one silly giggly little lady!



Claire (in the box) and Elizabeth having some fun...



Kate....too cute for words!



Our dear friend and fellow Zion Lutheran Church member Jodi Fitzgerald is a local hairstylist. Jodi came to the house and gave all four babies their first haircuts! The babies were SOOOO good! (did I mention that I fed them a million treats and let them watch their favorite video - Baby Bach - over and over the whole time to distract them!?!) Thank you SOOOOO much to Jodi and her kids, Mitch and Jennifer, for taking time out of their busy summer schedules to swing by the house and give the babies their first snips! We love you guys!

Elizabeth post cut!...


(L to R in back) Mitch, Jennifer, Jodi and the posse...



Johnny and Kate with their new do's!



Elizabeth and Claire stylin' with their sassy new cuts!



Daddy doing triple duty! Oh yes he can!!!



Johnny first thing in the morning...honest to goodness...he wakes up this way EVERY DAY!!! There's no better way to start the day than one of my little man's sweet smiles!



My two best buddies....Daddy and the Lukester riding the tractor around the back yard mowing some grass! Luke is in love with this thing!



The crew just chillin' on the floor...



We were crazy enough...yes, I mean CRAZY enough...to take all 5 kids - with the help of my parents, Aunt Janet, Aunt Suz, Uncle Bill and the boys - to Kennywood (a local amusement park) last Thursday on what turned out to be a scorcher of a day. I've got some pictures of our outing I'll share in my next post with the details.

Thanks for Keeping Up With the Lemonovichs'!

5 comments:

cat said...

Good luck with the building. Gosh, they are growing up so fast.

Ann said...

Congrats Carrie!! They are all sooo adorable and really happy for your family regarding the new home!!!!

Stephanie said...

How exciting about the house!! Congrats!! Cant wait to see pics!!
Love all the pics too..thwy are all just so adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! You are so blessed!
Lori, Jim, Abby, and Nate

Elizabeth / Mt. Lebanon said...

Oh my! I didn't know about the house. congrats! Nov/Dec is really fast - that is great. Let me know if we can help in any way. Thanks again for letting me in on the baby stuff sale! xoxo B