Monday, October 26, 2009

What's new in our world....

Life in the Lemonovich household is one busy place these days! There's a whole lot of movin' and shakin' going on around here and my babies are not such babies anymore!

I'll start by letting you know that Casa de Lemonovich is up and moving along! The house is already framed and bricked, drywalled and the initial coat of contractor paint is up! I cannot believe how quickly the builders work! They have told us that they think the house will be done the last week of November so we're looking forward to moving into our new house soon. Not sure if we'll be even crazier that we currently are and try moving before the holidays or do the sane thing and wait until January. Knowing us, we'll probably take the crazy route. Anyways, here's a picture from the cul-de-sac in front of the house. This was taken a few weeks ago before the bricklaying started...




I wish we could work out some kind of deal with the builder to keep the dumpster once the house is done! There's a whole lot of poopy diapers around this joint and having a large receptacle outside the home to place these tidy packages would be SWEET!!!


Big brother Luke has started 2 day preschool and is LOVING it! He totally digs getting to go to playschool 2 days a week and I think it is so good for him to get out of the house and be his own fun, totally boy self for a few hours! He is getting so tall! His school recently had a fundraiser called "Road Rally" The kids did laps in their bike around the parking lot and he had a great time (despite the fact that Mommy pinched his neck in his bike helmet strap just before the big event got started! Yikes!!!!!! Sorry buddy :( Anyways, here's a few pictures of my future Lance Armstrong...

Luke and Poppy before the big event...


Luke and some of his class buddies...

My cute little dude on his tricycle...


The babies are getting so big - Claire is the biggest at over 22 pounds and even little Kate is a chunky monkey at 19 lbs! Claire and Elizabeth are walking everywhere and John is walking on his knees (can you imagine how bad that must hurt?!?!?) He has the scraped, bloody knees to prove it but it hasn't seemed to hinder him at all if you can believe it! Kate is a crawling machine and both she and John love to stand up and cruise around the room while holding onto the furniture. I don't think it will be long before both of them are chasing Elizabeth and Claire around the house! All four babies babble and chatter like crazy. Claire (affectionately - and accurately - called "The Bear" by anyone that truly knows her!) is definitely the most vocal so far. I swear she is repeating things that I'm saying - guess I'd better watch myself! This little spit fire definitely has a mind of her own and a temper to go with it! She is so darn cute though - it's hard to stay mad for her for long, even when she does get a little attitudal! Elizabeth is nothing but giggles. We call her Lizzie, Lizard or Lizard the Wizard. Lizzie LOVES to read books. She is constantly walking around the room with a book in her hand and will plop herself down on your lap so that you can read to her. Her current favorite read is Flicker Firefly. We may have a future librarian on our hands! She has been a little cranky though lately. She is already starting to get her molars in! Poor thing has been whining non-stop! John is just simply Johnny to us. He is so sweet, yet so determined. Nothing can keep John down when he get his mind set on something. John takes a licking and keeps on ticking (ususally from the hands of his big brother who loves to roughhouse with him!) I have never seen a kid eat so much in my life. I have yet to find anything that John will not eat - I mean this literally. He has NEVER spit out anything - even the Vaseline container he managed to get into a few weeks ago! Yeah - this was really nasty! And ahhhh...sweet Kate. We call this little bugger Katie-do for no other reason that she is just so stinkin' happy, sweet and content. Kate has made greater strides in the past 3 months that I would have thought possible. She has more energy than you imagine and she honestly smiles and laughs most of the day. Know what one of her favorite things to do is? Sit on your lap and flip backwards and hang upside down while you swing her!!! I know, sounds crazy but she LOVES this! If you stop, she'll just throw herself backwards again until you agree to do it again! These children are miracles and everytime I get frustrated or just so tired I'm not sure if I can make it through the day, I pray that God would remind me of where we've been, what we've been through and where we're at today. We're blessed.

I have a few pics of the quads to post but Blogger is acting up and won't let me add them to this posting. So, I'll try again tomorrow. Until then....nighty night!

















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to John and Happy Anniversary to both of you! Congrats on EVERYTHING!

Sean

Courtney said...

Hi Lemonovich family!!! I haven't been on your blog in a long time, and I am sooo excited to hear how well everyone is doing! ALL of your kids are looking great! I cannot believe how big they are! My little Kate is just thriving and I couldn't be more thrilled! I miss you guys! Keep in touch!

Love and prayers,
Courtney

Anonymous said...

John and Fam,

Looks like things are going well for you guys. Kids look great! Bet you're very excited to get into that new house. We'd love to have you all over our place sometime. Drop me a line to let me know what's going on.

Good luck with everything and have a wonderful holiday season.

Daryl Ferricks
dferricks@comcast.net